Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Talking........

Today I went to the park with my friend, whom I have known since 2nd grade. He knows not to badger me about topics, but you know what he did? He badgered me. So what did I do? Looked up at the sky, sighed, and changed the subject. I then asked him if I could go home so that I could go take care of cats at the local shelter I volunteer at. He said if it made me happy. I felt so bad! Guilty that the time he actually took to spend time with me (we don't get to hang out a lot) was cut short because I couldn't answer a silly question. Grrrrness. Anyways, as he nicely walked me back to my house, there was an awkward silence between us. I wanted to shout out, "Yes OK!? I did say it, and I'm sorry I couldn't say so earlier!" Those words, the answer to his question were right on my lips, but then I found myself in front of my house. I said bye and we went our separate ways. Grrrness again. Goodness Glaciers! I am such a fool! Or am I? All I know is that I cannot stop talking, but when it comes to topics I want to avoid, I go into a defensive mode and don't want to talk at all. Well, before I went inside, I did look up at the sky, sigh, and take one small step at a time into my shelled state.....

No comments:

Post a Comment